Party time and you’re invited. Books and chocolate? What’s better than that? Add a group of exceptional women for a girls night in party theme idea that rocks! Bonus points if you make your own flowers. Cafe Escapes creates freshly brewed indulgent drinks at the touch of a button…
[dropcap]L[/dropcap]ast week I met up with my Glam blogger buddies at the Cafe Escapes Storybook Bliss soiree. The theme was books and reading and it all went down at the Eventi hotel. We were asked to bring a book for the charity “Urban Librarians Unite” so I was proud to bring an autographed copy of my debut novel Dare. Simon and Schuster re-issued the book this winter.
I was looking forward to experiencing my very first cup of coffee ever. I’m a tea lover and I’ve never had coffee. My mom was a coffee addict when I was a kid so I hate the smell. Instead I indulged in elevated versions of sinfully rich hot cocoa and Chai. It was decadent and delicious. Alas, i am still a coffee virgin. Not surprisingly, #IndulgeAnytime was the evening’s hashtag.
The most exciting part of the evening was that the party was hosted by Jenn of the “Hostess with the Mostess” blog. I have had a blog crush on her site forever.
Confession: I am embarrassed to say that I didn’t recognize the famous Jennifer Sbranti and was thinking the whole time that she’d be a great guest blogger for Hostess with the Mostess!! Ha! Duh. She owns the joint.
Each yummy beverage taste was served with a bite of complementary tasting eats. Our gift bag included a Cafe Escapes mug and a warm, gorgeous blanket. Instead of grabbing my usual animal print, I upgraded myself and took a warm chocolate colored blankie instead. The best part of all? They’re shipping each of us a Keurig so that we can indulge anytime in the comfort of our homes.
Cafe Escapes varieties include: Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa, Chai Latte, Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa and Cafe Mocha.
I’ll let you know more about the Keurig when I receive it. Meanwhile, indulge in my photo diary of the event. Jenn is truly an extraordinary hostess and I will borrow some of her ideas for my next dinner party. Check out her use of Scrabble tiles as decor. She even showed us how to re-purpose old book pages to make paper flowers. Divine.
Great party theme ideas for: a bridal tea or shower, author’s book event or birthday party for someone who loves to read.
Extraordinary Women I Met
How to make paper flowers
How to Clean Your Keurig
More Passionate Living!
- Meeting Viola Davis! My Revealing Interview with the Star of ‘Beautiful Creatures’
- Meeting Tamar Braxton: Video Interview on “Braxton Family Values”
- Top 10 New Year’s Resolutions
- So, Does This Dude Like You Or Not?! 4 Signs That He’s Not That Into You
- South African Vacation Advice! Where to Go in Southern Africa
- I Cooked from My Parents’ Garden & I Liked It! How to: Gardening DIY
- How to Walk Like Naomi Campbell – Elle Magazine (Video)
- Watch this ASAP if your day Sucks!
- Gluten Free Almond Butter Recipe
- Romantic Breakfast in Bed Advice, Tips, Recipes
- Brain Boosting Super Foods for Better Moods & Less Anxiety