How to stop caring and worrying what other people think of you is a critical lesson that we all need to learn if we are going to live life according to our own rules. We all like to be liked, but it can come at a very high cost.
Goddess Temple Sunday is a weekly blast of motivation, inspiration and transformaton. Join me live on Sundays at 10AM EST on Facebook and Instagram @abiolaTV.
:::The incredible image below is from my Abundance Pray Love Retreat on a black sand beach in Bali. Want to share an adventure? Come away with me and change your life in a fairytale castle in France this summer! The Goddess of Paris: Miracles and Manifesting Retreat is now booking. Learn more at: GoddessOfParis.com
Are They Underestimating You?
How to Stop Worrying About What People Think of You[Video Link]
Stop Caring What People Think
Are They Underestimating You? Or Are You People Pleasing?
A beautiful young woman in the audience of the event I spoke at last night told me that she felt stuck because the people in her life were underestimating her.
The issue is not that her loved ones are under-estimating her. The issue is that she cares so intently what others think that she is blocking her own purpose and dreams.
Many of us were raised by our well-meaning parents to be “nice.” They intended to teach us to be kind, but they would up teaching us to value other people’s opinions over our own.
Many of us were also abandoned by our caretakers. You can be abandoned whether a parent is physically present or not. In our childhood minds, we took that abandoment to mean something was wrong with us.
We blamed ourselves. We saw ourselves as broken and unlovable. In order to be loveable, we thought that we had to comprimise pieces of ourselves, become more acceptable.
Then here we are as adults, still trying to be lovable and acceptable. Still trying to please others to win love.
In this beautiful hologram called life, we are each starring in our own movies. In that movie, life reflects back to us who we are. When we prioritize the opinions, wants and needs of others over our own, we become extras and co-stars in their movie.
You deserve to be the star of your own show.
You deserve to live your own vision and purpose.
You deserve to be your own priority.
Don’t die with your music still in you.
Be the star of your own movie.
Be the star of your own life.
What You Need to Know to Stop People Pleasing: Checklist
- “What they think of you is none of your business.” Just because you have decided to be independent of other people’s opinions does not mean that you are a jerk. Being a good person is not the same as being a pushover or doormat.
- Acknowledge that yes, people are judging you. But that doesn’t mean who need to care.
- Your vision is not their vision. It was not given to them. So you can’t expect them to see it.
- Stop asking other folks, “What do you think?” No more approval seeking.
- Strive to do your best, but not to be perfection. Perfectionism kills dreams.
- Allow yourself to be vulnerable.
- Surround yourself with a like-minded tribe, like the sisters of the Goddess of Paris! Miracles and Manifesting Retreat.
Regrets of the Dying by Bronnie Ware
This will be the best year of your beautiful life. You are FREE. We proclaim freedom and abundance over your life. Freedom from other people’s values, thoughts, hopes and dreams. And abundance of love, health happiness and wealth. You are worthy and deserving of all GREAT things!!