It’s too cold to head out for treats so I’m baking a sweet potato pie! It smells heavenly… and is definitely not vegan…
Abiola’s Sacred Bombshell Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
- Pureed Sweet Potatoes (Golden American sweet potatoes not white West Indian sweet potatoes.) FYI, I “cheat” and use 1 15 oz can of Farmer’s Market Organic Sweet Potato Puree.
- 2 beaten organic eggs
- 1 cup of evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar (I used granulated Splenda/sucralose.)
- 1/4 Teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pre-made Graham Cracker Pie Crust (I like Keebler Ready Crust.)
(You may also choose to add ginger and/or vanilla to taste.)
WHAT TO DO
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Pour into the graham cracker pie crust.
- Bake for 18 minutes at 425 degrees. (By the way, the reason you see that our oven has no numbers on the dial is that my fiancee scrubbed them off with oven cleaner!)
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool – I cheat and cool it in the fridge.
- Then serve it hot, if you know I mean…