This is going to be so incredible this year. See you there? First person to retweet wins a set of tickets.
Hello Soul Mates,
I am THRILLED to announce that I am the 2013 host for the Reel Sisters of the Diaspora Film Festival & Lecture Series this Sunday, October 13th at the Kumble Theater for the Performing Arts in Brooklyn, New York. You can find FULL INFO ON THE SHOW and buy your tickets right here on their facebook page!
I am so proud to be in the company of such amazing women with a compelling range of work. This festival is very dear to my heart. They honored documentary “Knives in My Throat,” one of the directed a few years ago and hosted an incredible discussion forum around the film.
Reel Sisters will honor ISSA RAE (pictured), the producer and writer of the ground breaking web series “The Mis-Adventures of Awkward Black Girl” (HBO recently acquired the hit show), and SHOLA LYNCH, director of “Chisholm ’72: Unbought & Unbossed” and “Free Angela and All Political Prisoners.” Audre Lorde’s daughter Elizabeth Lorde-Rollins accepts Best Doc Award for an Audre Lorde Film!
PLUS: Vocalist Tamar-kali is the featured performer for the event.
More Passionate Living
- Venus Williams & Gabrielle Bernstein Chat It Up
- Yoga to Heal Breakups and Bad Relationships
- From Bell Hooks’ Birthday to Your Zodiac Advice
- Losing Weight! The Mind-Body-Spirit Connection
- My Love Advice to Wrap Up the Summer!
- Life Coaching and Empowerment in Brooklyn
- What Should I Name My New Bombshell Book?