This 7-Day Negative Thought Fast is from my “28 Day Love Body Spirit Whole Life Detox.” PLUS — other goodies to help us stay aligned… You can download this challenge below.
Hello Sacred Bombshell,
Happy New Year!
Ready for some negative energy clearing?
My sister, artist and herbalist Damali Abrams, has challenged my family to give up complaining and blaming for 21 days. She was inspired by the YouTube video of China Brooks.
The challenge reminded me of my 7-day negative thought fast, where you go 7 consecutive days without default negative thinking. This is all extremely challenging, but incredibly life-changing. Our objective – no matter what you want – is to align ourselves with our highest good. We do this by dissolving negativity and resetting ourselves to self-love.
Are you in?
P.S. Print the challenge and them it with you HERE.
My 7-Day Negative Thought Detox
“It’s so hard to succeed.”
“Everything costs so much.”
“I’m so fat.”
“People are so untrustworthy.”
“Work is so stressful.”
Are you ready to stop bitching and moaning?!
Feeling your feelings is an important part of being mentally healthy and empowered. When we don’t feel comfortable enough with our emotions we may try to numb, avoid or deny ourselves with unhealthy practices.
There is a difference though between honoring our feelings and complaining or dwelling on our negative thoughts. You are not your thoughts. We are not about blaming or shaming our minds into happiness, our businesses into success, or body into wellness. That is an impossibility.
This Negative Thought Fast was originated by Emmett Fox, one of the most popular self-help authors and speakers of the early 20th century. This is an inner adventure.
Here are the Negative Thought Detox rules:
1. If you break any of the other rules, you have to start the 7 days over from the beginning. To get the full effect, you must complete 7 consecutive days. Giving up negative thoughts is a little like giving up a drug; you’ve got to stop using them cold turkey and completely, otherwise you haven’t really quit.
2. You can’t focus on a negative thought or remain in a negative emotional state for more than 5 minutes. Ideally, the time should be much shorter. Five minutes should be plenty of time to recognize what’s going on and end it. Again, even one instance of lingering on a negative idea or rant for more than five minutes means starting over.
3. You must focus on solutions not problems. When the negative thoughts start, the idea is to immediately start contemplating possible solutions. Spend your energy on solving challenges instead of focusing on them.
If you’re like most people, you’ve probably had the same challenges for quite a while without resolution. It’s time to try something else instead of dwelling on what’s wrong. This sounds easy, but you may be surprised how challenging it is to give up negativity. We might think that worrying helps but you’ve probably been worrying about a lot of things for a long time and they haven’t improved. Right? Tell the truth!
When you’re faced with a negative thought, the best response is to ask yourself, “How can I solve or improve this challenge?” The point is to immediately begin focusing on solutions. When you ask positive questions, you find positive answers.
Over the 7 days, you’ll begin to form a habit of recognizing a negative mental state and then focusing on solutions for what you feel negative about. If you continue the process after the 7 days are finished, you’ll develop a permanent habit that will only require minimal maintenance.
You might need several attempts to complete the full 7 days. It’s common to have numerous slips – especially on day one. Don’t beat yourself about it. Remember, you’re focusing on solutions.
How to Take Your Focus Away From A Negative Thought
We can only consciously think about one thing at a time. If you’re filling your mind with positive thoughts, there’s no room for the negative.
One way to vanquish negative thoughts ask yourself positive questions like:
• What’s great about today?
• What do I like the most about this?
• What am I most proud of?
• What am I most looking forward to?
Try this 7-day adventure to change the way you approach challenges in your life.
::::::Click to DOWNLOAD and take the directions with you. Yes!