Essential oils have been used medicinally throughout history, with the earliest known mention being around 1188 A.D. They are used today for health reasons as a non-invasive alternative to treating symptoms and promoting healing of just about every ailment or illness a person can have.
Please note: We are not medical doctors, nor do we claim to be. Please check with your own healthcare practitioner to know what is best for you. This is for informational purpose’s only.
Essential oils are popular because there are a variety of benefits that come from their antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Healing oils act as natural medicine without the side effects so often experienced with processed and synthetic medicines. They are also easy to use, versatile in their application, and are mainstream enough to be easy to purchase online, through direct sales representatives, and at the local drug store and department stores such as Walgreens and Walmart.
While there are hundreds of uses for essential oils, these are examples of how people are using them for self-care and for medicinal purposes:
Essential Oils for Spa and Relaxation
- Improve sleep: Lavender oil can alleviate insomnia. Sprinkle a few drops on your pillow to help you fall asleep.
- Homemade lip balm: Combine coconut oil, beeswax and lavender oil for an amazing healing balm for chapped lips.
- Relieve tension: Help to relieve anxiety by using a single drop of lavender oil on your hands, rub together, and cup your hands to your nose and let the smell flood your senses.
- Immediate relaxation: Apply 2-4 drops of chamomile, lavender, and peppermint essential oil to your temples for a cooling effect and immediate relaxation.
- Detox bath: Mix lavender oil, Epsom salts and sea salt to a warm bath to cleanse and rejuvenate the body.
Essential Oils for Skin and Beauty
- Reduce cellulite: Mix five drops of grapefruit essential oil with two teaspoons of coconut oil and massage into dimpled areas.
- Acne face wash: To get rid of acne, make a face wash by mixing tea tree oil (melaleuca) with raw honey and rub on your face. Then rinse with water.
- Itchy scalp:Add lavender, cedarwood or basil essential oil to shampoo to reduce itching.
- Cure dandruff: Mix five drops of rosemary and lavender essential oils with three tablespoons of unscented oil. Massage into your scalp and leave on for 10 minutes. Shampoo mixture out.
- Heal dry cracked feet: Add three drops of lavender oil to two tablespoons of coconut oil. Apply to the feet at night and put on some socks.
Essential Oils Remedies and Natural Medicine
- Migraine headache relief: Combine a few drops of lavender oil and peppermint oil and apply to temples to help with headaches and migraines.
- Reduce cough or sinusitis: Add a few drops of Eucalyptus oil into steaming hot water or diffuser. Inhale to help clear nasal passage.
- Repair broken bones: To support healing of broken bones, apply helichrysum, fir, and cypress essential oils.
- Heal burns: Mix lavender oil with Aloe Vera to treat burns.
- Reduce fever: Add 1-3 drops of eucalyptus, peppermint, and lavender to a cool cloth and sponge the body.