2) Dance as much as you can. There’s a reason ancient religions included body movement as a way to connect with spirit. I ordered a “fitness pole” earlier this year, and even though it hasn’t been installed yet, I don’t let a day go by without enjoying a dance party. Grab your friends, your partner,or go for self and as Lady of the Gaga says, “Just dance! It’ll be OK.”
3) Make out of the box friendships. Are all of your friends exactly like you? Yawn. Get some friends who challenge your status quo and force you to see beyond the comfy lil box you set up for yourself.
4) Don’t be beholden to dos and don’ts. Have fun with your style. Look at Rihanna’s risk-taking fashion transformation. Even if you are a conservative person in a conservative environment, wear one fun jazzy item a day to spice things up: secret 6 inch heels under your pantsuit, ho red toe nail polish under your tights, a bag that loooks like candy. Grwl!!
5) Stop the sensory deprivation. We live in a digital world it’s true but we have our senses for a reason. We ignore the delicious details of life. Get your hands in some dough, really cook something, inhale deeply life’s scents (unless you’re in the subway), and try really looking at the person across from you (again, unless you’re in the subway), really listen to the notes John Legend or Alicia Keys hits in your favorite song. You’ll feel rich with all of the gifts that are already there– ours for the taking.
6) Have the body of your dreams. You deserve it. Maybe you need to put on a pound or two or lose a pound or two. Either way, you deserve to have your ultimate bod. Make it happen! BUT meanwhile, love what you have — if you don’t who will?
7) Learn your bodies likes and dislikes. Explore. You are a being that loves pleasure. “When I think about you I touch myself!” Allow yourself that. If you don’t know what makes you feel good how can someone else?
8) Find and flex your voice. Don’t be a shrinking violet in the corner. Say what you have to say. There are so many ways to communicate these days. Shine! Or like Gary Vaynerchuk, “Crush it!”
9) Live “independent of the good opinion of others” as Dr. Wayne Dyer says. People may mean the best for you but their opinions are based on their experiences and fears, not yours.
10) LOVE like you’ve never been hurt, for the win. I know that it’s hard, but we must. For our own sakes– with our big beautiful hearts. Go for it!!
Happy New Year, cupcakes!